View Single Post
Old 2010-10-18, 00:37   Link #127
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
Orochibuto is pretty damn powerful. I see it now when he faces Naruto he is going to use Edo Tensei and resurrect Jiraiya. What's Naruto gonna do then?
There were some who thought Kishi might do that with Pain using Jiraiya as a body. But I would hate to bring back Jiraiya. If Edo Tensei is overused it becomes a bad plot device. There has to be a limit to it. Otherwise it just becomes a joke. Zombie Kushina. Zombie Haku. Zombie Asuma. Zombie Zabuza. Zombie Kimimaro. Zombie Nawaki. No one stays in the ground.

I guess it is clear now that we have zombies and Zetsu fodder because Kishi didn't want to create new villains. Why create someone new when you can bring back an already developed character like Deidara? But I hope these are the only zombies we see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
BTW it seems that Naruto is evolving quite simlarily to DB/DBZ:
- the kage level now is becoming basic level, like SSJ level became basic in DBZ
- more and more people are being somehow resurrected from the dead, even if Kishimoto will not make this thing free as it was in DB
- more and more fighters can fly now, even Sasuke got his bird summon, so i wonder if Naruto will soon be able to fly
- seems like the old characters of part one are being completely left behind in power level, here it's the former genins like in DB were Krillin, Chaozu, etc.
- Madara is becoming quite simlar to Cell, the way he is being engineered from the cells of Shodaime, using Nagato for the eyes, the countless Uchiha sharingan eyes being used, just like Cell was constructed from the collected cells of the strongest fighters
All these things reminded me of what I disliked about DBZ. And yeah, there are some similarities to what is happening in Naruto.