View Single Post
Old 2010-10-18, 13:22   Link #139
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
You don’t have to be a good writer to tell or say this... is like saying you can’t mention Dragon Ball the movie was crap just because you don’t have the directing ability of the movie director.
I wasn't trying to say that someone had to be an A-class writer to voice their opinion. I was only pointing out that it was annoying reading unreasonable comments about Kishimoto's writing from people who themselves could never measure up to a fraction of his talent. Why? Because as I stated, every author has good and bad qualities and writing, so I don't think it makes sense for people call him a bad author based on his bad qualities when they[the bad qualities] are so outnumbered and overshadowed by the good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Regarding the clones, what James said. Kishi could had pulled an army no names like Oro had for his sound Village if is just fodders. Now instead we are going to see a war against an army of half naked man-plants. the fact of the number Kishi used for the army and that he used clones is a good indicator that Kishi just thought of that recently to solve his predicament with the upcoming war. Seems like Deux Ex to me.
Meh. In my opinion it doesn't mean much either way. The fodder fights will be insignificant at the end of the day, and will only serve as a reinforcing medium for displaying a characters momentum and resolve. At best, we'll probably see a team of ninjas form up together to produce some strong jutsu, of the caliber of what Sasuke and Madara are able to do themselves (similar to what those no-names did during the Asuma vs Kakazu and Hidan fight).

So, no-names fighting clones, no-names fighting huge beasts, or no-names fighting some other rag-tag no-name thug gang from the other cities; not much difference in my eyes; they'll all be relatively boring. Essentially none of them mean anything to us, since we don't know them (the beasts, rag-tag thugs, clones, fodder ninja), and no time will be wasted for us to know them to have any sentiment for any of them. The fight will just serve as a distraction, which we have enough of already (and more interesting ones at that, such as Kabuto's mysterious agenda).
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote