View Single Post
Old 2012-09-17, 10:45   Link #1257
Arya

Spoiler for amoirsp quote:

Surely Isara and Satsuki share some points, they are both outsiders; they, more or less, never forced themselves into him and both worked as a "mean" to let Oojima grow up opening his eyes on what's there beyond the club. They both, having no connections with the club, are free from Chisato's legacy that let them be themselves instead of being subjected to it. I ruled her out simply because between them Satsuki has been proactive, Isara instead has been more passive in how the dynamics evolved through the series. And Isara seems to be the representation of scholarship issues, meant to enlighten Oojima, more than anything else. So she has a role, even if not the one you had preferred , that belong more to the election plot. (As Chisato's role seems to belong to the Chocolate plot; I hardly can fit Satsuki's role in one or another sub plot, even for that reason I had been expecting her fulfilling the love role at the end). Counting even how many non-encounters they had, namely having no screen time, I ruled her out.

I agree that Oojima never crossed any "romantic" line toward Satsuki, in fact I said how unclear his preference is yet and on that I have to praise the writers since usually at this point of a show the outcome had been already been cleared out in one direction or the other. Here, even if a general feeling toward Chisato has been being in the air from day one, at least for me, they are still keep things uncertain. I still have hopes for Satsuki But it's time to make it clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I'm not too sure, majority of what Yuuki I believe is actually out of his own choices, IIRC Satsuki convinced with to fight for what he believed in but it didn't involve giving with the will to run for the election, instead he tried to comvince his club to make Chisato run, in the end they picked him through voting. True he was forced into running by the club but I feel that it is just for the plots sake that he run.
Well they talked like normal people do giving him a new perspective about elections. And the fact that he later on tried to make Chisato run means that Satsuki didn't convince him (that could be seen as a subtle way to "force" him) to run, but simply counseling him about that. A natural exchange of opinions.
Quote:
In terms of the Chisato, the chocolate thing is definitely a ritual but the morning routine is just that its a routine.
Yep, but what I meant is that since she has a precedent, the chocolate ritual, you can't really say if some other routine act is to be intended simply as a routine or like something more significant and related to her issue. At least you can't see it with the same eyes than before. Better were to take it more carefully than your normal routine. What I mean is that the ritual should make oojima acts more carefully in everything concerning Chisato, willingly or unwillingly.
Quote:
Another thing about Satsuki not forcing him into anything she did ask what he would do if she did force herself on to him, and I'm sure she would have done it had see not been intterupted. IMO she does not act as a counterpoint, especially when the two sisters can use Yuuki as a prize disregarding his feelings all together if that is not forcing, things like being forced to stay in her room during the camp due to circumstances, are similar to events happening can't really be counted though, even though if she wanted there probably was a way for him to leave the building.
Beware that I never addressed Chisato or Hazuki or even Mifuyu romantic actions as "forced" actions, since those actions are all related to the love sub plot. So even Satsuki "forcing" herself into him wouldn't have been something meaningful in that regard. I intentionally omitted every interaction that was intended to involve romance. Talking about Oojima staying in Satsuki vip room for the night, well I can't see it as forced, if not by the circumstances, not by her.
The only moment I can see her forcing him has been when Satsuki made him half spilling the beans about the kiss, but that was again in romance context where everything is permitted. And it was not forcing him doing something instead of something else in relation of what he want to do. Anyways Satsuki is not perfect (even if so far she has been depicted like that).
Quote:
Mouri even before deciding to help Yuuki win the election told him that he already had his own agenda as pointed put by Chisato and the only reason he was helping was because it was mutually beneficial for them, in other words he is not as forced as you perceive IMO.
I used and use the word "force" or "forcing" for sake of brevity, it is meant to be used in opposition to a more natural flow of events, like the one involving Satsuki and Oojima and the elections talk. It is not intended like others people pointed a gun at Oojima forehead.

Anyways, I was thinking how the central point of the club is sweets and only sweets. Accidentally Chisato has an issue with chocolate, a kind of sweet. All the club members seem to be aware of Chisato's hidden issue. And from day one many of us were a bit confused by the club purpose. What if ...

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote