View Single Post
Old 2010-05-28, 23:07   Link #84
BK-201
Banned

You know with this episode. Watching it for the umpteenth time. I just realized that the "Break the Mask"--kill the hollow rule is true

Ulquiorra shattered Ichigo's mask. He thought he killed him. He wasn't being nice and trying to end Ichigo's transformation. He didn't even know there was such a thing. He said " If not for that last attack I would be the one lying there dead"

His intention was to "kill Ichigo". This episode seems to imply that Ulquiorra thought breaking the mask would be enough to kill him.

Because He was quite surprised when Ichigo...coughcoughrengeratedrepairingtheholeandrestoringhimselftothe conditionhewasinBEFOREthefightWITHOUTtheaidofORIHI MEcoughcoughcough--didn't die

Ichigo merely broke Ulquiorra's horn. Ulquiorra's attack shattered Ichigo's mask completely. So apparently breaking the mask not only kills the hollow fast. Because you don't want to learn the hollow's identity. if it was to keep from seeing the identity. Breaking the mask would be counterproductive, don't ya think?

I just had to share that, since it came up in this discussion thread. No one else wouldn't know what the heck I was talking about so I posted it here.