View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 14:29   Link #59
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
True, this arc is showing some parallels to Alabasta. But as far as Dofla losing his status goes..... well, recall that in the pre-skip scene we were just discussing, he clearly showed that he gave no crap whether or not he remains a warlord (he even said that he'd willingly quit HIMSELF). But I do imagine that Vergo being exposed as the mole might be a huge setback for him. As far as Law goes, things are a bit more unclear. If he actually helps in apprehending CC and toppling Vergo then IMO it's more likely that the government would publicly praise him as a hero and turn a blind eye over his alliance with Luffy and whatever plan he's cooking up at PH. After all, it's pretty clear to that the WG are more concerned with saving face than anything else (just look at how they hushed up something as huge a freaking MASS JAILBREAK, for crying out loud).....
Change in Command
I would agree with you if this was before the two year time skip. But WG has given the Marines more power because of Akoiji's departure and the new Fleet Admiral is Akainu. Akainu is a very extreme character and I don't think he is going to do things like Sengoku did. Second the fact that many of the WG and Marine officials were pulling for Akainu for Fleet Admiral position may be a sign that the kitty gloves are off. The defection of Jimbi, Croc, and Black Beard probably is the main reason why they were pulling for Akainu in the first place. Weather Daflamingo cares or not, things are harder to do when the spot light is on you, especially when you no longer have the Shichibukai status to hide behind. Has for Luffy, I do not think Akainu's views on him has changed since the Marine Ford War. Anyone perceived being a help to Luffy may not see mercy this time around. No matter what Law does they won't care because they will not give him the credit. They didn't give luffy the credit for Croc in alabasta. The WG will give it all to Smoker and the fact that Law has alliance with Luffy will be the only thing that will remain.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-07-05 at 14:42.