View Single Post
Old 2006-06-19, 00:21   Link #69
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My definition of perfect is flawless in every possible way, Animation (No flubs whatsoever, even something so much as that cable cutting through Haruhi in episode 11 would cause the rating to immediately drop to 9 or lower for me), Music (Fits with every scene and effort is put into it), Plot (It would need to be monumental and contribute towards the betterment of society) Character Interaction (The interaction between characters is believable and makes sense, facial reactions are always akin to what they should be given the situation or a characters emotional state), Voice Acting (Properly cast characters concerning age and personality, vocal tone is always on par with what is being said and how the character would say it, also lip-flap synchronization matches with what is happening on screen, since I noticed in episode 12 Haruhi's lip-sync was way off during the singing of the first song, I immediately could not give it a perfect)

If it seems like my standard of perfect is impossible to obtain, then that's because it probably is, and I feel thats the way it should be. Hell, I would only rate my favorite series of all time Zeta Gundam a 93% rating given the opportunity most likely, I know I gave a Fire Emblem 3, part of one of my favorite if not my favorite series of all time an 8 out of 10 on Gamefaqs and that was 3 years ago when I was a much happier person who wasn't quite as bitter and disagreeable. So, my standards are very high, yet they don't even come close to what my friend expects.