View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 12:27   Link #1314
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
I know about it =~ I meant more in the way of being way too obvious about promoting and comparing with the more older ones, Oretsubasa and Akane Iro for example, their endings didn't favored too much one girl compared to the other(s) and left that feeling of having an open ending
I think they make a decision with each show how to best present the plot in the limited time available. The series you mentioned earlier (that stood alone well) had double, or even four times the amount of episodes, and unfortunately that isn't really the case most of the time. And personally speaking... I'll still take this over something more even more vague and open-ended.

Spoiler for Comparison to the game:
So yeah, not sure if it's really a "trend"; despite some superficial similarities, I'm not actually even sure how much the two examples have in common. The romantic decision is the result of all the plot decisions along the way; we shouldn't just judge and compare by the final result. (And even then, I think Chisato was pretty clearly setup as the main heroine right from the get-go... but that was diluted a bit along the way. If you must do those sorts of result-based comparisons, this is very much a "first girl wins" ending, unlike the other show being compared to. The only thing they have in common is "the heroine a lot of people were hoping would be chosen was not". But that became increasingly clear over these last few weeks as it was. Basically, as explained by the president in this recent episode, he almost got close to Satsuki, but he couldn't abandon his latent feelings for Chisato.)