Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-15, 12:36   Link #28360
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
They should. Nothing better to tell the international stage you are taking marching orders from Bejing than to have PLA units providing maritime security. (See: Japan and America)

It is like the panda game Bejing played with Taiwan a few years back. Accept the panda as a international power and pay 1 million dollars/month (same price America pays), or accept it for free as a gift to a providence of China. Or not take it and watch your domestic politic explode.
And what would Taiwan get from it?

And here are some interesting views from TaipeiTimes :

Quote:
Two governments should resolve the issue. Shouldn't make laws or alter labor policies that bring disadvantages to labor workers and their families - they are not totally related. Don't make them become victims of hurts. We and governments should do even more to help them.
Quote:
It is definitely a Philippine Coast Guard fault.. Philippine Gov't owe an apology to that fisherman's family and should give financial support to them.. But please don't get mad or angry to all Pinoy's who are working their in taiwan.. They have nothing to do with that tragic incident.. My wife works their in taiwan. Both country must solve this problem peacefully in a very nice diplomatic way.
Quote:
Yes, you have a point! Philippine Gov't owe an apology to that fisherman's family and should give financial support to them! But don't get mad or angry to all Pinoy's who are working in Taiwan! They have nothing to do with that tragic incident. I agree with you!
Quote:
The nation of Taiwan needs to demand that the Philippines thoroughly investigate this incident before it jumps to hasty conclusions and starts resorting to Chinese-like threats of violence. We are not China....but Taiwan...a democratic nation of laws, and as such should not resort to inherently militaristic rhetoric and actions without a solid basis of evidential support.

Let's allow the investigators to conduct their investigation first before calling for blood. Something obviously went terribly wrong....let's find out why first...
Quote:
I think both our governments should exercise tolerance and expedite unbias investigation. I believe Taiwan is a country of deplomatic citizens. We should wait and see the results of the investigation and see who the real cuplrit was. Both government should not jump any decision that might jupardize our good relationships. Taiwan is not China! Taiwan is a democratic country.
Well apparently there are sensible people in this world.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-05-15 at 12:52.