View Single Post
Old 2007-01-30, 00:08   Link #102
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I dunno...as much as I like ebil deep and sexy Sakurai (( voice, not the person )), I don't fully think his voice would really match Lelouch. Though, likewise, I'm not fond of his Suzaku either. Wasn't there some sort of baseless lame 2ch rumour that Fukuyama got the main lead because not only does he voice a fangirl bait character, he is a fangirl bait? (( Heh, Fukuyama is pretty good looking )) :3
lol, i heard they market Sakurai as an "idol" too, especially since he is (or, at least was ) like the visible spokesperson for Square Enix because of Cloud (which now may be taken over by Riku's Miyano >_>). even Mitani looks at him as an idol, which explains for the quick/light sanctions.

as for the role of Lelouch... i think Fukuyama did something pretty amazing with it. he grew out of being typecasted for passive-type males and may have done so successfully too. i'm hearing a lot of good praise on the job he's done just based on Code Geass (i saw Innocent Venus first, and was surprised at his change into this aggressive psychopath). these chameleon type of changes is what truly defines a great actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by also
Wasn't it said that Sakurai was going to take a temporary "retirement" from certain voicing roles once he's done with the stuff he's signed on to? (( eg. CG )) Knowing Japanese and their long-term sensitivity over these kind of issues, I'm not 100% sure Sakurai can totally bounce back full-force from this controversy. Though at the same time, it doesn't seem totally overblown compared to some previous other controversies.
sigh, oh man Sakurai. i wonder if... we'll see a lull in his appearances after finishing with the roles he has already signed on to. it's like, nobody might sign him up anymore... and we can't blame them for being reluctant too =_=
ah, still hoping for the best though. >_>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I wonder what Yamadera's been doing lately though, such that he still is on that list. I guess it's just that his fans must be very dedicated and even his old roles still carry a lot of influence and memory.
same thing for Hayashibara, i personally think it does have something to do with the old roles being very influential enough to be classic and timeless that it even carries on and lingers in people's minds until today.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote