View Single Post
Old 2010-05-30, 16:35   Link #37
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Love triangles are very typical in shounen romances too. In fact, it's kind of everywhere. Your choice of "shoujo" as the mark of shame says more about your taste and prejudice than the show itself really.

Ditto for childhood friend. As a matter of fact I think shounen romances employ that trope more.

My opinion of Kimikiss' anime was that it was a rather interesting show, but not Kasai's best. Which has nothing to do with how well it adapts the no doubt run-of-the-mill source material. Rather, I was a bit annoyed by the Suzuka-esque situation and angst which the show treats one of the love triangles. Suzuka, as you know, is not shoujo at all, and yet its primary feature is a rather grating bunch of angst-ridden teenagers and their love triangle problems.

*Bzz*

*Back to topic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO
The book ripping was fine until she said it's how she passes the time.
I'm a little miffed that the boy didn't just pull a verbal comeback right there. Then again, it might have been a wise choice given the situation (are there sharp things in the library?).

While she's charmingly psychotic, I would have liked this manga more if the spice in the relationship doesn't just come from one side. As it is though it is a pleasant piece of fluffy romance and our otherwise questionably-designed male lead (do they really have to make him look so wimpy and naive?) proves surprisingly likable by being neither dense nor undeservedly popular.