View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 21:02   Link #37
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
... Do you HAVE to yell? you sound so rude. Sure, it's just text, but if that was translated into you actually talking, it would be very pointlessly loud and rude, and right now, it just looks rude.
The heck? There's nothing "rude" about it.
Yes, I do have to yell because that's how much I hate it.
"It's awful." sounds like I don't really care that much. "It's AWFUL!" puts emphasis on the word "awful" thus expresses my contempt for it. People yell when they are angry and haircuts make me angry.

Quote:
Also, not sure why so many people are opposed to shorter hair;
We think it looks ugly or tomboyish. A girl's hair is her treasure. Why destroy it? The other thing is, the girl seldom ever looks good after she cuts it. I can't name a single haircut I've ever liked on a character except for Suzumiya Haruhi and that's because she was first shown to have shorter hair so there was no shock factor. She looks nice either way...probably because Ito's character designs are so attractive anyway.
Hmmm
*imagines a long-haired Yuki and imagines Yuki fanboys passing out from nosebleeds*

Quote:
it's a younger look that contrasts a woman between "mature/sexy" to "playful/cute".
I strongly disagree. There are lots of mature, sexy woman with short hair in anime, whereas the most playful/cute ones normally have long hair. I don't think short hair is a "younger look"....I mean older women almost always cut their hair short once they get past middle age because long hair doesn't look good on them anymore. Long hair is definitely a symbol of "youth". Maidens from the middle ages always wore it long. So if anything, short hair is an "older look", not "young".

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-11-30 at 21:20.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote