View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 01:25   Link #112
Sakuya
*Artist

Wow, I had to do a double take when I read the news that Sailor Moon is coming back. And immediately after (and all through the night), tons of questions kept popping up. The major ones were what kind of story this will be and if it'll be a kind of reboot starting from the ground up again or maybe even an alternate universe storyline?

And the next important one is what kind of art style it would have. I really hope it won't have any moe honestly; I seem to notice a lot of the anime nowadays tends to make them appear childish which is one reason why I've tuned out of anime for a few years... And what kind of audience they'll be marketing this towards. I read somewhere they initially wanted to market it to both young men and girls when they first started which is why they have the transformation scenes with the sexy vocal music.

Anyway, so excited!

Edit:
Another thought, since Sailor Moon was such a bit hit back in the 90s and it set the genre/the standard back then, wouldn't it be awesome if it did something totally out of the ordinary now and "re-set" the standard once again? Trying not to have my hopes too high... PGSM was something fresh but it didn't stay with me as long as the anime/manga did.