View Single Post
Old 2009-05-10, 10:17   Link #478
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
The fact that he asked Ed to give Envy back and didn't just burn Envy is proof enough he wasn't blinded by revenge. And yes, I'm telling that one of the reasons he wants to kill Envy is because of what (s)he did in Ishval and later. Where are the implications of this? It's simple. He tried to kill Lust, Scar, Gluttony and others because they were a threat. For the same reasons he wold kill Envy even if he didn't know he was the one that killed his friend. Revenge is just another reason to do it. Just because Arakawa didn't state it directly doesn't mean I'm wrong.

And you didn't answer my question. Are you saying that he doesn't care about people killed by Envy? About Envy being the one that caused a war? If you read FMA manga attentively you would know the answer.
He asked but you are making it out like he asked Ed nicely or something, look at his eye and Ed's Roy is clearly blinded by revenge. The way he asked Ed is more in the line of ordering or commanding him to do so. Also the line that is boded is really ironic. And

Quote:
And yes, I'm telling that one of the reasons he wants to kill Envy is because of what (s)he did in Ishval and later. Where are the implications of this? It's simple. He tried to kill Lust, Scar, Gluttony and others because they were a threat. For the same reasons he wold kill Envy even if he didn't know he was the one that killed his friend.
This part just doesn't make sense, he wants to kill Envy because of what he did in Ishbal and Roy fighting Envy, Scars, and Scar imply this? That entire line doesn't make sense, he fought with them because they were threat that I do not disagree but that was because of that moment they were a threat to him and his men. So can you explain more how Roy's fight imply that he wants to kill Envy for what he did?
And Roy probably doesn't really care about people killed by Envy(asides from Hughes) but he probably detest Envy for starting the war(does Roy even know it was Envy? All I remember is Ed telling only Scar and nobody else)
I can't find any any line that anyone telling Roy the cause of the war was Envy.

Last edited by Terrestrial Dream; 2009-05-10 at 10:31.
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote