View Single Post
Old 2010-10-17, 02:17   Link #397
Soraya21

In regards to the sequel/spin-off topic, Darkness simply doesn't have anything (characters, setting, history, background, etc.) that sets it apart from the original. To be blunt, I think the only reason why this is even named a spin-off is so that label can be used as a safeguard from the hardcore fans of the original who might rant and rave about its new change of direction and focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
In TLR, I think there's been good development for a good amount of girls. The focus could be distributed a lot better, rather than focusing on Lala and Haruna, though. At the same time, my main issue with TLR is Rito's attitude. We've got a good amount of girls getting well developed, but Rito barely even changes. Even if he knows there's many girls who like him (apparently, he does), he shows no particular interest on any girl other than Haruna. I believe that was okay for the first part of the series, but after all this much development for all these girls, I believe he should start noticing them as well. Some of them, at the very least.
Two things here. When it comes to girls, Rito is slow – oh so painfully slow. This is the same guy who was about a few millimeters away from being raped by Momo during her routine bedroom services, and he still thinks said girl is just joking with him. I'm sure that he isn't completely oblivious to their feelings, but there still a huge difference between realizing that the girls “like him as a friend/schoolmate/older brother/prime target/that preverted beast/boy toy” to “liking him in that special way.”

And I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about the development on Rito's end anymore, since he's probably going to become much more conscious of the other girls around him after Momo was so kind as to laid it all out for him in the bath scene.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote