View Single Post
Old 2008-02-02, 20:41   Link #29
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Eh, if you bleach black hair, it turns into a deep yellow color, nowhere near Ichigo's orange. (I have a Japanese friend who bleached his hair when he was in middle school.)
Not totally true. If i were to bleach MY black hair, it would turn RED. my mom (full blooded japanese) would have he same issue with her hair.
my hair has sunbleached a dark auburn (but still almost black) however, it has red undertones. my goatee has 2 stripes of fire red in it. the red comes from no where else BUT my mother's side, as my dad's family is nothing but blond hair and blue eyes. no one in the entire family has red hair.

I'm almost tempted to bleach part of my hair orange, but i really don't want to. I do find orange strands of hair quite often. i also thought my red streaked goatee was a result of not shaving it and it getting sunbleached, so i shaved it. It has grown back and those red streaks are still there.

so as absurd as it may sound, even black hair can turn orange if it has the right undertones. my hair has red undertones, so if i bleach it, it goes orange. my mom's hair is the same way.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote