View Single Post
Old 2009-06-16, 12:11   Link #205
Hane

The reality, as you say, is that there are monsters out there - and they need a Hercules to survive. But Felli was not Hercules (neither is Layfon). Hercules wanted the glory. Hercules did whatever the heck he wanted, that included killing, stealing and shagging. But it's all right if he kills the monsters? No? Can we cut with the killing, stealing or shagging? Okay, fine. But that's not Hercules, who does whatever he wants - that's what a tool is - a person with no room for flaws. That's what Felli fears she'll be forced to become, not Hercules, but a simple tool. Point me, then shoot. The Heaven Blades are closer to Hercules. So no, I think what Karian is looking for isn't Hercules, but a tool.

But you know, (leaving all fon-fon for the fon-fon threads now) Felli has already begun to stop looking at it like she is being used. She was apathetic before, but she's trying now, she's pushing the limits of her power. She's a part of the squad. I'd like to think that she's not doing it just to keep up with Layfon, but is beginning to realize that she can protect the city too. Sure, some people were giving 120% when she wasn't (we can only speak for the character's we've seen so far). But for some people, the decision to give their life takes a split-second, it's instinctual. For others, it takes some time. Felli ended up as a character who questions. It had to be someone. And I’m all for the idea of her growing into a stronger character who finds people she cares about and wants to protect them.

But she is being used. They're all being used. When Karian stopped Felli from burning out, was it as the SCP, who was unable to lose Zuellni's strongest psychokinetic...or as a brother? Probably both. And btw, it is life-threatening for everyone, including her. She's in the rear, but it is draining her lifeforce. She's not some god. She could die from the strain.