Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-23, 02:00   Link #3598
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I like the contrast between all of their abilities. Phinks is about as basic as Enhancers get. Flute guy is a lot more complicated which appears to be a combination of Enhancement and Manipulation abilities, with a dash of Emission thrown in. I assume he's a Manipulator, but I'd have to check to make sure.

We already know Shizuku's a Conjurer. And before we get into a debate on how Blinky isn't supposed to be able to suck up living things, she didn't actually suck in the spider guy himself, and the technique only sucked from already existing wounds.

Kalluto is clearly a Manipulator, with a dash of Emission to control the pieces of paper remotely, and possibly Enhancement to keep the pieces of paper from folding up when they hit something. Other than that, the power of papercuts, what a sadistic power.

We knew Shalnark was a manipulator. We also learn that once one Manipulator makes a connection, another Manipulator cannot override it. Apparently he thought of this when he invented Auto Mode. Auto Mode itself seems to have shades of Enhancement as well.

Lastly, Feitan. I had a hard time guessing what his type was before this, at first he came across as very Enhancer-ish. Judging from his ultimate tech, he is clearly an Emitter, although the ability itself is a complicated combination of Enhancement, Transmutation, Emission and even Conjuration. Needless to say, his ability is basically "Retribution made manifest". Not an easy ability to craft or maintain, which only emphasizes how skilled the guy really is.

Note that all of this is just me making observations. If the writer contradicts what I say, then I'm wrong.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote