View Single Post
Old 2009-10-04, 14:22   Link #41
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I hate it, I hate hate hate it whenever some Asian nationalist insists on the "you Western people should shut up because you don't understand us and we have our way" bullshit. Guess what? A lot of people who criticize your precious regimes are Asians, and if they're not (oh god, white people! how dare they!) then it's also perfectly their right to criticize your precious, precious regimes, and they might actually understand it more than you think. Some might be remnants of racist and colonialist views of old, fine, throw them off the window; but others see the Chinese Communist Party and realize what kind of horror show we're having for humanity's fastest growing great power. Others, that is, who are experts, academics, visitors of Asia, emigrants from Asia, descendants of emigrants, and maybe just simple people with working brains who see a horrific tyranny for what it is.

And. We. Love. China. We just fucking hate your government. Why do you think the Taiwanese are so un-eager to rejoin the mainland? Old grudges? Last I heard the KMT's not ruling the island country no more, and new generations have been coming and passing for a while by now.

Honestly, the hyper-nationalism of the "new" Chinese is freaking me out these days. Is this the kind of attitude for the slated new world leaders...?

And finally, should I mention where the ideology of communism came from?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote