View Single Post
Old 2012-01-03, 10:08   Link #1960
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
regards to their popularity though, it's a little hard to say because of several points.
1) we don't really understand what they are singing even though they are singing in Japanese and have really out a lot of effort into mastering the language.
I think this is one of those problems that never go away...
It's the same case with the J-Pop rage in the 90s, now you have the taste of your own medicine.

Quote:
3) some people feel that the trend is only created by the media and not really happening in real life.
This is still a controversial topic, but there was an incident where thousands of people went and demonstrated in front of Fiji television saying that they were forcing Korean television on to the japanese, despite many of them not really being interested in it.
Human nature at work here. If you don't like it, ignore it. Just be aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
But it is no exaggeration that the "Korean Wave" has taken over whole East Asia and South East Asia.
Not just Asia, a part of Europe as well. Namely France, Portugal and Germany. They are going to venture into parts of America as well, from what I gathered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
That works if he was talking about the industry, but with music? I have a feeling he hasn't been listening much to K-Pop and realizing that it is just as diverse, if not more, than lesser J-Pop.
The only thing I don't understand is why is he so keen on proving his theory about K-Pop being a spawn of J-Pop correct when he says he doesn't care about it at all in an earlier posting. It's like saying he wants the world to know Japan paves the way for the Korean fever today. So all credits should be given to Japan, not Korea.

For me, I don't really care about the Korean fever that much. But since I'm working in a company who capitalised on the K-fever via both legit and self-made bootleg K-idol product, as long as the fever brings in the dough, lined the boss's pocket and in turn my own, I say let the fever stay.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote