View Single Post
Old 2022-01-07, 23:11   Link #43
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can kind of tell in the first few minutes that this lead will be exhausting. Even before the world ended this guy was like that. Not that I don't get his situation being a tough one with finding out he had that condition and having to enter cold sleep. But what was even his ideal result there? That Erisa herself would volunteer waiting for him? Ironic to say that he can't ask her to wait a few years for him to get better when he waited at least that many years to bother confessing to her in the first place .

Thankfully for him that's basically what happened.

I tend to agree that the logic here seems shaky. On some level I get the rush. But shouldn't they wait until the kid is born and determine if that kid has immunity? I guess in the worst case they can always put these guys back into cold sleep and continue looking for a cure. But waiting for the pregnant woman to give birth isn't such a long time that they can't wait. If society is going to crumble anyways they won't last until any kids born grow up in the first place. I get that giving people hope could be valuable, but again that won't happen until the first kid is born anyways.

Kind of swings back as well to my initial view of the topic. It's fine if he wants to find Erisa first. But he'll have to face reality that just having kids with her probably won't be good enough. Even if they find a cure and get back however many men are in cold sleep still that's probably going to remain the case.

Erisa going missing is weird. There shouldn't be a need to do that, presuming she's trying to find a cure. I guess there's a possibility that someone near the top wanted to massacre the male population of the world. Maybe it's another tale of evil AI trying to wipe out humanity. Although I'm not sure if the disease was created by a machine that they'd only have it affect half the population.
None of the backstory makes any sense. How does a disease that kills within 3 days turn into a pandemic? It would burn itself out in no time. Woman would have to be carriers, at least.

And what would stop artificial insemination? That moves things out of any chance of being a natural occurrence and into enemy action.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote