View Single Post
Old 2006-12-01, 03:05   Link #15
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The degradation occurs most noticeably with the 100 yen shop scene (to me anyway) but the close-up remain mostly just fine. Eye positions did get a bit awkward in a a few scenes but it really took me on the fourth watching to specifically spot these out. Somehow it feels as if KyoAni is trying to prioritize where they put the budget on a shot by shot basis. Background however remain staggering. I notice even ice buildup and not just the snow in the bridge scene in particular.

Yuiichi's maturity is really something. The way how he is handling the situation makes me think that he is one of the top male leads of the year. He shows a level of complexity as a character that I can identify with. He telling Akiko and Nayuki about the situation, he talking to Amano about the matter but still sensitive to her circumstances and how he interacts with Makoto really makes for an impression on me.

The subtlety in Amano's discussion with Yuiichi, with how she tightens her grip on the handlebar and her struggling to hold her emotion gives me a totally different outlook on Amano... never like so even in game nor in the previous anime incarnation.

Again, the depth of Akiko-san's emotions remain elusive. She talks of the subject matter with such calmness. I hope that the next episode can reveal with what kind of feelings in her is Akiko-san managing the whole situation from behind the spotlight.

Mental regression was also animated in AIR TV, with Kamio Haruko faring far worse emotionally than Yuiichi. I wonder how Yuiichi and the Minase will fare coming out of this...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori