View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 03:35   Link #176
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
characters standing still for that long will do that to you...You must get excited by watching paint dry.
Characters standing still? Ignoring for a second the 100,000 combantants currently beating the shit out of each other, even among the "elite" there have only been 2-3 characters "standing still" (which they really aren't, and it is a little silly of you to even say this), and 2 of those characters are the leaders of this fight, so them "standing still" is not only perfectly justifiable (since they are both waging a tactical battle, looking for and advantageous approach to winning the war with the least amount of casualties), but it makes plain and simple sense (why waste your personal strength to fight when you have resources at your disposal that can help you?).

Honestly, more than anything, it sounds like you want Whitebeard to act like Luffy, which is a little weird considering your annoying bias against Luffy.

Quote:
LULZ So you think three non serious Shichibukai CASUALLY throwing out moves to kill a retarded monster with no skill is DEEP? and that proves oars should not be cannonfodder? When we just saw What other world power members could do in the scale of this war?
What? First of all, my use of the word "deep" was not meant to convey any sense of depth to character or plot (though, depth can be found f one wishes to look), rather I was reffering to your desire to only look at superficial details without even trying to analyze their importance within the broader story being told. Oars' defeat was reflective of what would happen to any strong character that simply charged forward without first developing any plan of action to properly combat the powerful forces positioned around Ace.

Secondly, and to reiterate the point, again with the knocks against Oars? His seemingly effortless defeat was not meant to show him as being weak (fodder, as you endlessly say but have no way of backing up), but rather to show just how powerful the Big Dogs are. Consequently, his defeat is supposed to show the audience just why Whitebeard doesn't simply charge forward (as you are endlessly whining for): if Whitebeard were to recklessly attack, then he would end up exactly like Oars.

Quote:
Cell Games..Goku and cell went right off the bat and Pain fought Kakashi, and other of Konoha's finest, J-man too..
Spoiler for manga spoilers...:
So please stop trying to rewrite the canon of these other series just to suit your superficial desires for seeing Whitebeard fight (You are starting to sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka - "But I want it Now!").

Quote:
Thought I was on your ignore list Prestige?
You are, but he is getting tired of reading your posts in our responses to you....

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-26 at 03:47.