Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte - the maxim)
View Single Post
Old 2014-10-09, 00:49   Link #37
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
[QUOTE=Esclair;5289321]The original manga started serialization in 1990, so it's probably one of earlier incarnations of that in manga/anime.

Regarding the show itself, like I suspected, they did more than just change the appearance of Shinichi, his personality is pretty different from his manga source. I guess in a way, the original manga character draws from the common protagonist of the 90's whereas the anime version is pretty much the common protagonist of the modern era. Although a lot of the scenes were a bit funnier with the original protagonist.

Aside from that, the adaptation is incredible. They captured the sense of wonder/dread perfectly with the alien transformations and best of all, NO CENSORSHIP! Hirano Aya was perfect as Migi. Say what you want about the drama surrounding her, she's still a top tier voice actress.

The only thing I didn't particularly like was the spore landing scene that got shifted to the end. It would have been better to have just cut that scene out completely if they didn't want it at the beginning of the story. Putting it to the end of the episode doesn't really add anything relevant and makes it feel out of place.[/QUOTE

I haven't watxh the anime yet but Aya Hirano got a another gig that not Lucy by that i mean main female role from what i heard since 2011 it been hard for her to get a another gig, Glad she getting some roles even though i like her as Lucy