View Single Post
Old 2009-06-26, 23:56   Link #2267
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Even if it isn't a traditiononal action game it's still an action game.

I'm a bit confused with what you are trying with the 2nd part of your comment. Sure you don't have to watch to them, but MGS4 did go overboard with the story. Cut scene's way to long, a very high wtf level(ending credits is all I'm saying). Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the experience(nostalgia, closure, etc.), but not everything needed to be explained with cutscene's spanning 30/40 minutes. It just got in the way of the gameplay.
Probably didn't explain myself properly. Think about it in terms of Star Wars (new trilogy) it really is about Anakin falling into the Dark side and becoming Sith, or you can look at it in the bigger picture and say Star Wars is really about an intergalactic war with a side fighting against democracy blah blah blah.

Likewise you can see this in MGS4, sure there is the patriots and that they have an elaborate system controlling the world, but really the story is about Snake being used as a tool to get the work done, hence the theme of "rest" at the end. Think about, would the Story have really changed if you didn't watch the slideshow explaining the origins of the patriots or where Snake was born etc?

So I think you may have just mixed up the priorities between the context of the story and what truly is the focus, even if it maybe easy to get sucked into law MGS its important to not get carried away.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote