Thread: Private Nurse
View Single Post
Old 2004-09-28, 19:09   Link #49
Semaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Well, I can't say your point is not valid. It's a very good argument. In my opinion though, a story does not necessarily have to have a tragic ending in order to be heartrending. Sad stories actually more often than not still end on a happier note. I felt a gut wrenching mix of emotion whenever I replay that scene in my mind of Yuka
Spoiler:
There were just so much emotion in her storyline. Maria's story was sad.
Spoiler:
And of course, the ending did left me speechless for a good half hour or so, but then I was able to move on fairly quickly after that.

I don't even want to talk about Kana, seriously. I'm amazed it didn't effect you that much. Maybe it hit closer to home for me personally but that game literally left me psychologically damaged for a month. I can only try to forget it.
I like you point too, but I think I'll keep my view for now. On thing I'm not sure is who you meant by the head nurse; if you are saying she is Juilet and that scene was after Hiroki got beat up, then don't reply to this.

I saw that Kana was very sad to most people, and I felt sad to for a day or two as well. But I guess it could be my fault that that game didn't have as much effect on me.

Thanks for the recommendations for Heart, it'll be on my list and I know how to get it.
Semaj is offline   Reply With Quote