View Single Post
Old 2006-12-08, 16:22   Link #15
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You know, I actually feel bad for not getting affected more by this episode. I guess I just don't like kids, I was more inclined to yell at Karada for being stupid, OK, maybe not stupid but very naive, than symphatise with her plight. I suppose that's the effect of a character with a grown-up body and a child mind. Don't get me wrong it was a very good episode but I had to pause it a number of times because Karada's naivety was a bit too much for me to endure. Still, this is a far better option than portray her as some kid-genius who fakes some ID and finds a job and a place to live very easily.

And once again Asatte no Houkoe excels in the usage of flashbacks but this insistence on one Shouko episode followed by one Karada episode is starting to piss me off a bit.

Quote:
I strongly believe that the solution should just openly communicate with each other about why they carried out those choices in the past.
Well yes but since even the adults Hiro and Shouko are reluctant to do that, I don't expect Karada to initiate the process. Her knowing that those people were not her real parents so he shouldn't be her brother either (not sure whether she is sure abotu that or not, though) goes a long way to explain her "I am a burden to Hiro-ni" complex. Still, if she was such a burden he wouldn't have to rescue her, so her subsequent escape by boarding that train was a bit puzzling, she needs to stop blaming herself and figure out that despite evidence to the contrary Hiro can think and decide for himself whether she is a burden or not.