View Single Post
Old 2004-06-08, 22:35   Link #3028
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
O.o; I think the video idea would be intresting.

I don't use uploadit.org so I'm okay with that

Remember if a picture is worth 1000 words, how many words is a video worth?

hmm lets see for a lq video that's 15 fps...so a 30 sec clip would be 15X30X1000 = 450000 words

And you could probally make that under a meg using wmv for something small...that's smaller than 2 hq large pictures

I would like to provide a rebuttal to your argument. In a video, concurrent frames show very little difference (unless the scene is changing). Therefore, having 2 pictures that are nearly the same are no different than just having 1 picture (1000 words). If anything, the higher word count would go toward the presense of audio in the video (assuming there is audio). However, we all know that visual aspects of the environment are more frequently used to interepret information than audio aspects, therefore I'd be willing to grand that about 200-250 words per 5 seconds, and that's being generous. Further, let us assume that a 'significant' frame occurs every 5 seconds that is different enough from the previous set of frames to give the viewer further insight into understanding the subject under question. Therefore, (for 'getting to know you' videos anyway), the word count for a 30 sec clip would be 1000x30/5 + 250*30/5 = 7,500 words (7.5 picture posts). This is not worth the trouble nor the bandwidth in my opinion.

What would be better would be a photo-slideshow of some sort. Actually I have had an idea for a picture set going for a while that I think you guys would love if I were to make it and post it, but alas I am too embarrased to ask my dad and I don't know anyone else in Texas who will be my photographer for me. Well its an idea anyways.

(PS: WTF IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!? I have to analyze every god damn little number or equation don't I??? The engineering gods STOLE MY SOUL! WAHHHHHHHH!!!)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote