View Single Post
Old 2008-12-03, 17:57   Link #223
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Mary has a version of it too (the internal generation used to get rid of the snake), and Justin certainly has something like that. You inferred it, but I don't believe that's the case.
Marie, didn't do anything similiar to B*S and Stein, nor did anyone state as such. I wouldn't be surprised if "internal generation" could be used by most people at Shibusen contrast B*S and Stein's ability which has been said only few can use.

Justin's "Silvergun" seem much closer to performing a Resonance than what Stein does, but there's too little info on that to say.

Quote:
Moreover, speaking of having a large soul:
Spoiler for From the manga, but it's hardly a spoiler - just a picture of Maka with a large soul.:
I'm aware of that.

But that was after Soul helped bring out her "latent potenial". My point is B*S's Wavelength had been at similiar size from the beginning, not that Maka's own Wavelength wouldn't grow overtime.

Quote:
I'm just saying the distinctions you seem to be making aren't the ones you ought to be making. There are implications in them that aren't quite right.
My wording likely a bit off, what I said though has been supported by the manga.

Quote:
Yeauch, I forgot about that scene. For what it's worth, Black☆Star was being much weaker than usual in that fight, but I'll have to agree, it does look unlikely that Maka will beat Death if he's that strong.
Kid had been holding back in the fight until last few minutes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
^ Okay I have to against the theory "a large soul" or sumthing. But if you're talking about a large soul WAVELENGTH , then I do believe. Stein and B*S have a talent for enchant their wavelength even without weapon. Maka has that large soul-wavelength because of Soul's wavelength amplified hers, while B*S and Stein doesn't need to do that.
That's what I was taking about, I'II simply just call it "wavelength".

Quote:
Soul amplified Maka's wavelength without Maka wielding Soul? (Look at the right side of the picture again, Maka is clearly not holding anything. In fact, we clearly see Soul transforming into a scythe and Maka grabbing Soul later, on the left side of the page.) That's impressive. So, the sidetext displayed later saying "This is the strength of Maka" is off too?

You sure it wasn't just that Soul gave Maka the push she needed to tap into her own soul wavelength? Because, tbh, that's what it looks like to me.
Yes, it is her own power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84
Even taking soul wavelengths into account might not change much: Kid has Soul Perception at least as good as Maka's (they're the only ones of the kids to sense two particular souls in a later manga chapter), plus the manga has recently shown.
Actually, Maka's beats Kid's as she was the only one who was able to sense Stein and Marie in the magnetic field during the Brew arc.

Quote:
I would like to know more about the supposed differences in Maka's soul wavelength. What is it that gives her that particular advantage? State of mind, or some innate characteristic?
It's one of differences is probably tied to her strong Soul Perception.

Quote:
Because Maka's been forced into fighting people unarmed before and probably will be forced into it again.
The only times she's fought unarmed was when she and Soul had damaged their synchronzation with each other before the Free fight, and when B*S and her had their spat. Being able to fight like that isn't as big of deal as you might think it is, a Meister and Weapon Combo, is far more powerful than fighting on our own. Doubt that Stein would have defeated Medusa wth out Spirit, or, B*S would not be as strong as he is now without Tsubaki.

Besides, B*S being able to attack with his Wavelength is what separates him from Maka with her Demonslayer Wavelength and Soul Perception. and Kid with his Shinigami powers. The three are meant to develop differently, and will likely end up equal in the end.

Quote:
Because all the characters seem to need to fix those issues that've been plaguing them. Maka's been having issues over her unarmed combat ability,
Her issue was more her strength in general compared to B*S at least, that's how I saw it. Her "Demon Hunter" was her way getting that strength, just has how B*S has now gain control over Masamune.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-12-03 at 18:24.