View Single Post
Old 2010-03-31, 22:18   Link #128
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Wow, people are gonna deprive themselves of the rest of the movie cause they clicked a spoiler link just to see how the main storyline ended and went,
'Ah to hell with this!' *rant rant*

After watching the series and keeping tabs for a year now, you may as well see it to the end, there's more than just the Selecao and the game in this, you know. Also it's Kamiyama as the director. Things are rarely black and white with this dude.
(Makes me kinda glad to have seen it blind now, lol)

I find it a royal shame however that there's this set of Western anime/manga fans online that claim to enjoy Japanese animation and related works but instead of going in on the same level as the natives (as in blind) and experiencing and interpreting the works without the influence of major ass spoilers, people scream
'I can't wait! Gimme naaaaaaao!'
(Yes you can, you won't die otherwise, just as you wait for sequels of Hollywood movies)

Then go and jump ahead and spoil themselves therefore diluting their expectations and opinions based off text and then make judgements off of it.
Then seriously, why bother watching and following an anime series that didn't have a manga (so it was original and no one really had a heads up on it), so it was meant to be 'fresh' right until the end for you, but you go and deprive yourselves of that?
Doesn't make sense to me, but I've laid this series to rest, so it's cool.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote