View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 13:22   Link #75
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I think, in the longer run, whether Silver Link, or indeed the Producers will apologize for this fiasco depends on whether they think this would damage the prospects future productions. Truth is, the longer this goes on, I'd think the more likely that the embargo would go beyond not just Kokoro Connect, but all of Silver Links other works in the pipeline.

It is really, really tragic that a story of the quality of Kokoro Connect would be ever more associated with this incident. More so are the attacks on the LN author and illustrator. What's next? Attacks on his publisher?

Basically, this fiasco will nuke quite alot of people's careers, it seems.
The bandwagon effect is indeed another problem that will combine itself with the damage already done to the "actual victim". I still don't get why Silver Link commitee doesn't do any single thing, considering the lack of intervention implies a tacit "nod" to this mess, or a claim they aren't responsible for it (which is surprising, considering japanese society model is quite prone to make a company take the whole responsibility of a single employee mistake), so having this dragged for more than a day doesn't bode too well with Japanese.
With that context in mind, There is nothing that would justify or excuse this mess, but at the very least, a simple public announcement would quench a bit people anger, even if they won't buy it at 100%.

At this point, it will just have a snowball effect, and I can't say it will be a nice sight, considering it has already started with Kitamura.