View Single Post
Old 2013-07-21, 18:16   Link #18
Jaden

NVIDIA cards have been known for crashes/freezes that happen when the computer is idle or just as it's being woken up. Basically there are problems with the device switching between different power states.

Usually that's caused by drivers and they should mostly have gotten over their bad driver streak by now, but you never know. Might want to try all kinds of different versions. It's strange that you couldn't install the beta drivers though.

Also since you're running with the onboard GPU, might as well physically take out the card and reseat it later. I've no logic for it, but I've seen problems get fixed just by doing that.

Finally, any reason to doubt your hard drive? Usually if that was failing you'd get different error codes, so it's unlikely, but all my crashes in recent years were caused by SSD problems and eventually fixed by firmware updates. And new motherboards sometimes have problems powering older mechanical hard drives without native SATA connections. Not sure what your situation is but these are vague possibilities anyways.