View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 02:46   Link #33
Kamui4356
Aria Company

As of now, I'm undecided for president. I'm leaning towards Obama at the moment, but I am concerned about his lack of experience. After all, he's only a first term senator. Though part of me is ratonalizing that as actually a good thing, as it means less exposure to the corruption in Washington.

I'd be less inclined to vote for Hillary Clinton, as I'm tired of the political dynasties in the White House. I thought Bill Clinton did a pretty good job as president, but then again I don't think the first Bush did a horrible job either, and look how his son's presidency went even with many of the same people advising him. Just because Hillary is married to a former president I liked doesn't mean she'll do a good job, and I haven't really seen anything from her that stands out.

On the republican side, the only one I might consider voting for is Giuliani, but I'll have to see the stances he takes in the general election. Personally I think he's playing conservative in the primaries as the policies he enacted as mayor of New York certainly seem to suggest different political leanings than he's presently claiming. Of course it's entirely possible he has changed his mind on some things too.

Though in all honesty, I don't like any of the candiates. After Bushy we really need a great president to restore our position in the world and get the country moving again, and I just don't see it in any of the candidates.