View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 13:27   Link #696
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
You are making a fundamental error. Correlation doesn't imply causation. And actually, that is kind of what the entropy is about. There is conservation of mass, but energy transfer is not 100% efficient, some of it is "lost" as light, radiation, subatomic particles, etc.
No, energy or mass is never lost. Never. It is 100% efficient, they simply take different forms.

The idea of entropy is that all of the universe's mechanical energy will take useless forms, thereby stopping all motion. That is different form what Kyubey is saying, that energy is actually lost. And that energy can be created, which is impossible in our universe.

Quote:
It's funny how people will believe him when he says "entropy" but not believe him about the details. Way to be biased and only hear what you want to hear.
Yes, I'm biased. Are you telling me you are completely unbiased?

Quote:
This may have been happening for thousands of years. And it is quite a gap to jump from, QB said it, therefore he must be the source of the problem. You have some seriously logical flaws there, sir.
That was only one of two scenarios I posed. The first one takes Kyubey's words at face value and says Kyubey is good. The one you are referring to assumes that Kyubey is lying.

And is it really unreasonable? There is always more to Kyubey's story than he initially states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The subs are correct.

He really does say energy is being lost. Not any thing else like useful energy or the equal distribution of energy throughout the universe.

Thus why I say his story has a gaping big hole that makes it seem he's lying once again.
The very idea of Kyubey using human emotions as energy feels very evil to me.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote