View Single Post
Old 2011-05-02, 04:26   Link #7
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

I gave it a 10/10.

Story - As a whole, the story is overall very well constructed and executed and the pacing is excellent. Not one second have I thought that the story felt rushed or was going too slow. As excellent as the story is, with episodes 3, 10-12 being the highlights of the story, it still does suffer from some flaws, mainly from Sayaka's arc. However, the flaws did not detract that much from the story, and overall, the story is great and immensely satisfying. 9/10

Characters - The story is very heavily character-driven, and as such, all the characters have great depth and are believable. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses and act realistically to the situations that they experience. Every character is likable and as the story progresses, you grow to care and feel for them. Props to the VA's who all match their respective characters well, especially Homura and Kyubey's VA's. 9/10

Sound - This anime wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if it weren't for the amazing soundtrack composed by Yuki Kaijura. Her unique sound and style works very well with the atmosphere of the show, leaving a very strong impression. 10/10

Art and Animation - For the most part, Shaft has done a great job in this department. Character designs are cute and contrast well with the dark mood of the story. Some people may find this a turnoff but the designs don't affect the anime negatively at all and are easy to get used to. Shaft is renown for their creative and abstract visuals and works well with Madoka Magica. The dreamworlds found within the witch's barriers are nightmarish and horrifying, lending to the overall mood of the story. 9/10

Enjoyment/Emotional Level - Although I recognize that this anime isn't perfect (none are for the matter), I still gave it a 10. Why? It's because the amount of enjoyment and satisfaction I gained from the anime is so unbelievably great, I couldn't help but give it a 10. One of the main reasons I love this show is because it allowed me, the viewer, to become so emotionally attached to the characters of the show, especially Homura. Homura's tragic back story and her single-minded, yet admirable dedication to Madoka has made her one of my favorite characters of all time. I've become so attached to her, that in episode 11, I started tearing up when she almost gave in to despair, and I bawled even more when she and Madoka had to separate. Madoka Magica is the only show I've ever watched that has truly made me cry and feel depressed. Not even Clannad, another one of my favorite anime, has managed to affect me in the same emotional level as Madoka. 10/10

It's because of this that Madoka is one of my all-time favorite anime and why I gave it a 10.

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-05-02 at 14:59.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote