View Single Post
Old 2010-10-25, 09:11   Link #80
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't see any romance between the two either. The only way you could see the "accident" as a sign is if you're really taking the entire thing out of context.
I agree, if you see this through the shipping goggles then yeah it seems that there's romance, but even without there's perfectly good explanations for their actions without romantic motivation though. I really see the whole misunderstanding event as being purely accidental, it's just that 99% of the other time when such things happen the couple really do has the hots for each other, so that shapes our initial perception.

Kirino not wanting Kyousuke to talk to her friends is also not jealousy, I think mostly because she doesn't has a high impression about her brother and doesn't want him to embarrass her in front of her friends. Also, it's very likely that she's afraid that he's going to reveal her otaku secret - which is silly, because despite his brother quite prone to accidents (as shown by the misunderstanding scene) all these times it's always Kirino who spoils her own secret and Brosuke who protects her. Kirino not wanting her brother to flirt with her friends is mostly because she thinks her friends can do much better, as I said she really doesn't think highly of her brother at all.

Also, her being tsundere is pretty much her default personality, she's being completely tsundere with Kuroneko but it doesn't mean she actually likes her in a romantic way either, right? (at least in canon; I bet there will be a doujin of that later on, if not already). And her giving him eroge isn't brainwashing either, she just want a close person who share the same interest with her. After all, he already knows her secret already, so "in for a penny, in for a pound" as the saying goes (it is what the phrase means, right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Another very entertaining episode. Could Saori actually be a rich girl, especially the way she talks (types)? That was my favourite part of the episode.
Yep, that's quite a nice touch there, something that I think will be less effective in a soundless medium of the original LN. I think the chances of Saori actually being rich is quite possible though; there's the way she types that you already mentioned, not to mention that she has the box of the cosmetics that even Kirino as a model can't get. Yes, I know the content isn't the cosmetics (although that giving away that many doujins suggests that she's at least pretty well-off) but the box has to come from somewhere, and I doubt that she scavenged a trash dump to find that kind of box. Also, what better way to protect your hime identity if not by disguising it behind an outlandish otaku disguise? It's not guaranteed, but it's pretty likely, I think.