View Single Post
Old 2010-02-18, 19:12   Link #42
Knyghtblade
Hooked on Catgirls

Send a message via ICQ to Knyghtblade Send a message via AIM to Knyghtblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
otoh FVII remake = $$$$$

which SE needs with FXIII sales plummeting after the initial release date.

and they wouldn't have as much problems with the graphics if they weren't planning to port XIII over to X360. Adding the towns is possible but it would have made the X360 port much bigger then 4disc.
the xbox is not the issue, they can use better compression and take advantage of the hard drive as it's basically a windows kernel underneath. If you want to blame hardware for anything it's that the ps3 is a b*tch to develop for and costs significantly more to produce a game for on top of the added architecture difficulty.

that aside they should just move to pc

anyway the issue is from an art standpoint, you are already dumping boatloads of money into a "killer app". High poly modeling does take a ton of time, especially characters and anything that will be up close. its almost like a modern day sculptor chipping away at a statue, that shit takes time.

my suggestion would be to change up method, use more shader and texturing tricks to lower the poly count to speed up the modeling process.

honestly I think an ff7 remake would be severely hurt if done in say...a ffXIII style...I loved my chibi's and while I did like advent children, i think stepping back and taking a more anime style approach would be for the best in terms of both recreation time and nostalgia styling.
Knyghtblade is offline   Reply With Quote