View Single Post
Old 2010-02-19, 03:23   Link #49
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Don't know and we hopefully will never get to know, however if they make it into a movie/anime covering the whole story line, that would sell. IMO most people talking about FF7 haven't actually played it, and are probably not even gamers.
Anime doesn't sell in the States. If you want to tap into the US market with FFVII, you'll need to make a video game.

As for people talking about FFVII not having played it... yeah, I don't think that's true at all. It's a popular game even now, and not just because of Advent Children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Too be honest, turnbase FF has no future on HD consoles.
...Although I'd agree with you that turn-based RPGs are on the way out (as they should be) I don't agree that the system "doesn't have a future on HD consoles", as though HD automatically means that the gameplay is going to improve any.

I really think they should take whatever Versus XIII is doing and implement that in any FFVII remake, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Also all the fans who liked the original FFVII are all grown up now so that would lessen the amount it sells maybe.
Doubt it. Many of the fans who played FFVII when it came out are in their mid-20s now, and as such may have less free time but also more of their own money.

You'd really have to hit the nostalgia factor, but that's what a remake is supposed to do.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote