View Single Post
Old 2012-08-10, 01:40   Link #1392
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saishy View Post
That goes beyond the point, again It was never stated anywhere that his misfortune goes to others.
*cough*

Quote:
Do you know, Touma? Ever since birth, you were truly an 'unfortunate' person. That was why everyone called you that. Do you know, Touma? That wasn't just a childish prank among the kids."
Touya gritted his teeth and says,
"Even the adults call you that. No reason, no justification. It's just because you were an 'unlucky' person that people called you that." Kamijou couldn't help but hold his breath.
It's impossible to see the expression on Touya's face.
No delight, no happiness, nothing can be seen at all.
"The people who were with you would also be 'unlucky' as well. The kids who believed in those superstitions would throw rocks on seeing you. The adults won't stop them. They wouldn't pity you when they saw you hurt, but mock you. It's as if they were prompting the kids: why don't you injure him more?"
Touya continued on with the blank expression. Kamijou couldn't tell what he was feeling.
Maybe Touya was deliberately trying not to show any expression. Behind his mask is a insuppressible agitation that couldn't be held back. This emotion definitely can't be shown in front of his own son. Maybe one can tell his determination here.
"Get away from Touma and you can get away from 'misfortune'. The kids who believed those rumors left you alone. Even the adults believed it. Do you still remember, Touma? There was even once when you were hunted by a debt-riddled man and hacked with a huge knife. The people at the media heard the news and even wanted to record some supernatural show about you. They even released photos of you and depicted you as a monster."
The world that's dyed orange now looked like a blazing inferno of Hell.
The man standing in the middle of the flames chose to keep this icy feeling that doesn't have any feelings in it.
"I sent you to Academy City because of this reason. It's because I was afraid. But I wasn't afraid of some 'fortune' or 'misfortune', I was worried that those people who believe that you bring 'misfortune' will attack you without you suspecting it."
Touya starts to cry painfully without any expression,
"I was scared. I was scared that those superstitious people would really kill you one day. That was why I sent you into a world without superstitions."
Thus, Touya himself cut the bond between family members.
As long as he could protect his own son, it's alright even if they can't live together.
"But even in that advanced world of science, you were still treated as 'an unlucky person'. From the mail you sent over, I could tell that. The only thing worth drawing comfort from is that at least the people didn't act violently against you."
I'm just wondering if you guys read what he quoted.

I'm wondering if he read what he quoted.