View Single Post
Old 2013-05-11, 00:37   Link #20
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, good point there Syn.

Though I wasn't explicitly looking for "positive". I think that is too strong of a word anyways, because by whose standards are we going by? No matter how we delve into it; when people are analyzing it from a mainstream heteronormative fashion it causes problems. It's sorta like what irks me about sexual preference or identity being a choice or not. That should have never been called into question in the first place. In other words, there should be no need to really prove that one is worthy anyways.

In the end, you are right though. Even stuff like Wandering Son does make this a centerpiece and uses it to drive the drama. It can't be regarded as positive, and thus would be out of that basis. However, I still can call it a step forward (arguably "progressive") because it serves to remind me that well, they're human too, which takes precedence over all else. So I think the moment someone gets portrayed as a person, and not a stereotype, then that is something.

So what am I looking for is things that challenge commonly held views and preconceptions which ultimately helps progress towards something that leads to more freedom and acceptance. Anyhow, this is getting awfully political of me, but I do wish to respect everyone that dares go against the grain on these matters

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote