View Single Post
Old 2013-08-20, 13:13   Link #63
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I never heard that. But I think that Mikoto's actions and words in this episode and the two before it kind of imply it.
We're just assuming that because it seems like the most reasonable explanation. But for all we know the story probably hadn't even thought about it. The narrative goes back to everyone being glad everything is back to normal, even though it really isn't. The mood that the story generates isn't one I'd consider compatible with the idea that the bad guys got away with everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
You might have the means and the end switched around here. The objective is question here is stopping the Sisters Project, and going after the perpetrators was just a means for achieving that goal. Once she achieved that, there was no longer any good reason for her to sustain her resistance.
I think seeking justice for her Sisters and ensuring their continual safety is still related to her initial goal. It's still a heavily personal matter for her that I would've expected her to follow up on. I think it's wholly out of character for her to consider it something not related to her at all.

Quote:
Even if she does manage to pinpoint the individuals responsible, which is hard to imagine even for her, there would be nobody to arrest them. If the arc was any indication, Anti-Skill is pretty much powerless when it comes to stopping the higher-ups when experiments are involved. More so than justice, Anti-Skill's purpose is more geared towards maintaining order throughout the city.
Again, we don't really know to what extent this is really true. For all we know there could be ways around it or ways to solve it. It would've been nice if they were at least contemplated.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote