View Single Post
Old 2004-01-08, 16:15   Link #7
Liddo
wheeeee!~

Send a message via AIM to Liddo Send a message via MSN to Liddo Send a message via Yahoo to Liddo
cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Well I built my computer myself, I bought each of the parts and I put them togheter. Therefore, there is no inconvient at all if I want to mess with my processor. My Atx tower has 5 fans in it. So I suppose that's enough cooling. I just wanna try it.

So can anyone give instructions on what the procedures are to overclock my processor? By the way, that is not a very risky process. It is more risky to attach you processor to your mother board.

Does anyone in this forum has the knowledge to overclock a processor? Please.
even though u think 5 fans maybe enough for cooling.. thats not exactly the problem... its actually the size of the heatsink and the RPM rate of the fan right above the heatsink.. this determines whether u can overclock or not.. typically a custom comptuer can be overclocked a bit. maybe 1~200 mhz... any higher u probably have to get one of those really fat volcano heatsinks and a fan that runs at like 40,000 rpms.... if u need to overclock anymore or want to best to get water cooling... water cooling can go anywhere from 50~300 bucks.. and up.... the higher the price the better u can overclock because of the heat being ported away.....

lastly depends on what kind of motherboard u have. some motherboards come with overclocking software.. other have the feature locked so that u cant even overclock if u wanted to.... other things u can do is buy a certain little paste thingie.. not sure what its called but basically it bridges the L1-L5 bridges together. u have to do that if ur althonXP wont let to overclock just by settings.

iono if this helps.. i personally have a P4 2.5ghz. P4 tend to be better at overclocking.... because the althons run at higher algorithms they burn hotter... P4 have higher FSB so they dun need to run as high to get the same results. so best of luck.... but IMO just spend like 300 bucks and upgrade to P4 then u can overclock really easy...
Liddo is offline   Reply With Quote