View Single Post
Old 2004-01-12, 21:14   Link #19
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
We have lots of that stuff although noone uses peltiers anymore. They create too much additional heat and are in most cases not worth the effort.

Hardcore otakus cools down their stuff with compressors that chills even overclocked chips to subzero temperatures. Although I'm sure you can get all this stuff in Japan as well I belive this is one of the few areas where we're actually not totally behind Japan.
You mean like those extremists that go on to LN2 cooling? Oh yeah, we have those fanatics as well. I don't dare to go that far...water-cooling is fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
This is what I underestood from all of you:

It is not recomendable to modify the clock's speed becuase it can increase the temperature dramaticly and then it will burn my processor. The other thing is that I can alter the clock speed by changing the host clock's speed in the bios. But, I should be careful with it. It is recomendable to increasse it little by little checking that the system is still stable as you go on.

So what about the voltage? shouldn't I modify the voltage of any of the other parts such as the Vram output? and one more thing, since me host clock's speed cannot be gradually increased by 5mhz is it still recomendable to change it from 133mhz to 166mhz? is that a big jump? If I change it to 166mhz will I notice the difference right the way or I'll have to wait a few minutes to see how the system reacts?

Ah! and by the way my mother board has an speciall proteccion that turns off the pc once the temperature of the system reaches 59 C . So I gues that should be pretty helpful, this mother board includes a termometer. So I gues I should watch the temperature closely.
You got the gist of it. Kinda weird way explaining things, but I guess you got the whole multiplier x clock thing.

And yes, 133 to 166 is a VERY BIG jump.

According durrem, your Athlon runs at 1.53 GHz (133 x 11.5 = 1530). If you increase your FSB to 166, then it would run at 1.91 GHz (166 x 11.5 = 1909)

I can't stress this enough...make sure you have proper cooling!!

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-01-12 at 21:26.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote