View Single Post
Old 2017-10-05, 16:54   Link #6
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ghost Hunt - I would say there are two arcs where two different female characters go out o their way to be noticed and not be an empty space. One of them makes appearance in 1st arc.
I'd prefer characters who are more permanent and major; not necessarily primary heroines but not single-arc subjects like the ones I remember in that series.

Quote:
Hansaku Iroha I think. Nako is very quiet and shy and believes to be completely useless in comparison to others. Eventually she starts to become a pretty prominent character in the series.
I'll have to watch that again. I don't recall her really having concern over her personal image of mediocrity, at least nothing particularly big like Chihiro's constant search for a way to "shine". That said, she does seem somewhat fair in her longing for excitement (again if I remember the story correctly).

Quote:
I think Iori from Kokoro Connect might work. Her whole arc is mostly explored in 4 OVAs but the idea is that Iori had a harsh, complicated family thing and in order to please people, adapted several different personas. As a result she struggles to understand which of this personalities is really her and if Iori even exists as a separate being. Personally my fave arc of the series.
I love Iori, but I'm not entirely sure she fits. She's desperate to be able to find and know herself, not to get people to notice her. Or more specifically, she seems mainly desperate for people to notice her because she's found herself unable to see her own face clearly. And later once repeated trauma stripped her bare mentally and she has to face dark parts of her being, she becomes desperate for people to accept her; in fact, she's kind of an inversion because instead of wanting to shine and be popular and all that jazz, she wants those she cares about to stop expecting more light than she really has inside of her, to get them to stop expecting a shining sun when she's really just a pretty moon.

Quote:
Rin from Love Live! School Idol Project. Yes, it's an idol show but one of the girls', Rin, believes that she is extremely plain and unattractive in comparison to her fellow idols and has dilemma about it in season 2.
Don't think I've watched season 2. I'll have to give it a shot.

Quote:
What about a guy? Cause Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is all about an average guy who shares a dorm with extremely talented people and spends whole series trying to be more than no one in comparison to them. To achieve something and have a purpose.
I'll take a look. Never really got far in that series.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote