Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-12, 15:25   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
I'd like to point out that neither the thread title nor the original post even mention the fact that it was a NY Yankees pitcher, I brought that up, the reason why this was news was that it was a plane crashing into a high-rise in New York City. People are still a little twitchy about that whole 9/11 thing, Sure celebs and athletes make a lot more money than most people, they may not deserve it, but they do, they're not evil for having money, as your reference to karma implies. From what I understand the Yankees bring a lot of enjoyment and happiness to the people of new york (at least until recently, sorry I'm from detroit) is the enjoyment and happiness that Lidle brought to all those people worth $3.3 million dollars? Maybe, Probably, I think so.
That was because when Monir posted that, there were not enough details about it. Heck I learned it was Corey Liddle Like 8 Hours after the post was made.

Either way, I’m a Yankee and overall baseball Fan, so its really sad to see an Athlete pass away by a tragic accident. And As You said, Planes crashing in Building in NY is freaky, and if anyone noticed, the plane crashed exactly one month after 9/11…10/11..So when I got to se the news I was a bit suspicious about that crash.