View Single Post
Old 2008-07-13, 20:41   Link #456
Major1138

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

I think at this point, the above could apply just as much to Suzaku as it does to Lelouch. Neither of them are really all that much better than that which they purport to hate. Suzkau appears to be willing to use torture to achieve his goals (a stark contrast to his earlier belief that "good" ends achieved through "bad" means are tainted) and I don't think it was ever all that controversial to say Lelouch/Zero was very much an "ends justifies the means" kind of guy.

Although there appears to be much outrage at Suzaku's apparent willingness to cross the line to get what he wants (and perhaps rightly so), knowing what show I'm watching, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he has something else in mind other than the obvious "inject Kallen with Refrain to make her tell him who Zero is". If there's one thing Code Geass does, it's what I call "swerve cliffhangers" - for instance, back in episode 2, the very last shot is of Rolo about bust out his Geass on Xingke. The obvious follow up is that he does, and all hell breaks loose. But what really happens? He gets dissuaded by a conveniently timed phone call from Lelouch. So I wouldn't be too surprised if Suzaku's plan is something else, although I can't think of one that doesn't result in a complete reversal of his previously stated philosophies.

One thing I thought hilarious was how Lelouch tricked V.V. with the mock-up of his room at Ashford. I sort of expected the whole "I'm keeping you on the line to trace your location" thing, but I didn't quite expect him to have set up a fake room. I must admit I chuckled when the walls fell away and you could see the Jeremiah and Rolo plus the three Knightmare frames.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote