Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-19, 12:58   Link #14899
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
A blockade is a blockade. It is declared and one is not suppose to cross it without being challenged. Unless broken by military power, a blockade is generally consided effective. One can contest it all they like, but the blockade is legal by the international definition of a blockade.

This yacht had stated it was heading to Egypt and then changed course for Gaza to run the blockade. Of course it is going to be challenged and it is going to look suspect since it changed its destination...and the other ships it was to go with were kept in Greece because they too had intended to run the blockade, which is seems at least the Greek government considers legal.

The UN has declared the blockade to be legal. If one wants to get humanitarian supplies to Gaza, go though the proper channels, don't run a blockade.
Aye, whatever opinion I have of the parties (Israel, etc) is irrelevant. There are legitimate ways to get aid to Gaza and this isn't one of them. It doesn't "prove" anything or highlight any injustice... I just see people wasting energy and time doing something stupid.