View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 07:09   Link #54
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
You know... I stopped posting in regards to Guilty Crown because its quality went something like this:

Started off above average and imo overhated ---> actually got somewhat good ---> trainwreck ---> ??

Post Hare death, this series has been really bad and I stopped posting because it would have achieved nothing. Then comes episode 20 and I scratch my head because we actually got probably one of the best (if not the best) episode of the series. Unfortunately, it's placed EXTREMELY late and we only have 2 more episodes after this.

I'm actually really disappointed now. This episode shows that Guilty Crown IS capable of telling a coherent story without pulling the most convenient plot twists out of its ass, but for at least half of the series it decided not to. It shows "what Guilty Crown could have been". Sigh... why you do this production staff.

Ah well, credit is due where credit is due. Except for the very end where Shu went Jesus-mode again, the majority of the ep was some very good flashbacks, which had the unfortunate timing of being too late too little. Actually learnt a lot about Keido, Korosu, Shu's mother, Shu's foster mother, Gai and Mana, and they were ACTUALLY interesting and /gasp, made sense.

9/10 for this episode (believe this is highest I gave for an GC ep), but I am totally not expecting this to keep up.