View Single Post
Old 2006-12-27, 17:15   Link #811
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G005 View Post
That seems to be one complaint. Supposedly, the game is really short and is incapable of standing alone as an individual story. However, the biggest complaint is that the game is style over substance. The scenario isn't particularly special, while the interactivity has really suffered (there're still choices, but users complain that they're mostly inconsequential, with no influence on how the story plays out).
I still haven't played the game myself yet, so this is just my guess, but I'm guessing minori succeeded in achieving that "movie" feel that they wanted. Presentation wise, ef probably raised a few bars in graphics and screenplay, but just like nbkz-san said during the talk show tour, they had to sacrifice scenario length in exchange. Although it's true that story length doesn't determine the greatness of a game, it's important to know that "the shorter the game is going to be, the more important it is for the scenario to be good" (Saya no Uta and Planetarian comes to mind here).

Most players managed to finish the first tale in 6~10 hours. Of course, don't forget we're only talking about half the story here. The latter tale is supposed to be connected to the first tale, and only then will the story be complete.

==============
They're going overboard with their C71 goods though.
http://www.minori.ph/c71.html

drama CDs, phone cards, towels, cell straps, screen blocks, calendars, mufflers, gloves, T-shirts, beer mugs(lol), glass cups, donburi bowls ^^;...

==============
Natsumegu is doing well on the reservation charts, even though the release date has been pushed back a week into Februrary.

That Christmas expedition in 100% Diary made me laugh.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote