View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 07:37   Link #12
Meatrose
Antihero

I only voted for Ami.

I usually don't vote for more than one character in votes such as this unless there are two (or more) characters that really stand out from the rest. I loved how Ami managed to come off as stronger and more mature than the rest of the cast while being vulnerable and in the need of love and acceptance at the same time. She struck me as the girl who was forced to grow up too fast for her own good, and when she returned to a normal life she realized that no one understood her true self. I loved how perceptive she was and the way she, despite her own problems and needs, tried to help the one she had feelings for make the right decision, even though it meant pushing him into the arms of another woman.

I also liked Ryuuji since he didn't manage to piss me off the way male leads usually do in romance anime. Sure, I often wanted to whack some sense into him, but Ami was already there doing it for me. I liked Taiga for who she was but even more for who she became. She went through a lot of development (more than any other character in the show in my opinion) and I truly think that she deserved the happy ending she got. I liked Minori for her positive energy and the way she (just like Taiga) sacrifices her own needs and feelings for her best friend. The budding friendship between "the two rejects", Ami and Minori, brought a smile to my face. These characters turned out to be Toradora!'s most powerful weapon. If I would have voted for more than one character it would have been for these four together.