View Single Post
Old 2011-05-06, 00:14   Link #19
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well finding something you havn't watched these past few years is quite a task

I'll go with Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora (long titles aren't something reserved to 2011!)
Don't see it on your list and you only posted once in the thread dedicated to it but it wasn't about the show so I'm not sure if you watched an episode,I'll assume you didn't.

Studio Hal film maker got the director of Beck to direct this.

Here's the summary:"Suzuki Sora is a cheerful country girl from the small town of Bie. She made a promise to her father, and following this promise applies and is accepted for a magic internship in Tokyo, where she will face the life in a big city. While training to get better with her magic, she meets a mysterious boy also practicing to become a mage. While he can not use magic that well and he seems distant and cold at first, Sora's fate intertwines with his and the two are thrown together, learning a lot of new things about life and each other."

My comment
A slice of life/romance/drama/coming of age story,but it really leans towards slice of life,so anyone watching this has to get ready for some really slow pacing (even more than other slice of life animes).

The art style is also quite unique,you can tell they've used slightly retouched photographs to make the backrounds,having such a "real" backround contrast with the magic that the characters perform.

There's a "wham!" episode in there someplace,the ending devided people,I personaly loved it and it sealed both characters as two of my favorites out there.

Lastly here's the OP